When it rains it pours, and in my case, this is a good thing!
Another of my fellow bloggers has honored me with her recognition. Janine Ripper of Reflections of a Redhead bestowed on me and others the Versatile Blogger award. Janine has a personal blog and she talks about a wide range of topics with honesty and heart. Please visit her blog.
So, here’s the deal: I’m supposed to say seven things about myself and then share the award with seven other people. The award winners are listed below but first, more about me!
I talk a lot about myself on this blog but there’s always more to say. Always! Such as:
1. When Pandora Poikilos told me I was the featured blog this week at her site, Peace From Pieces, I thought that it would be a great opportunity to write a post a day for the entire week. However, after writing one post and merely thinking about having to write six more in as many days, I felt extremely tired, so I abandoned that idea. I’ll let you fill in the blank for what that says about me.
2. I love playing video games. A few years ago I would have said I was a hardcore gamer, especially of role-playing games (Final Fantasy, anyone?) and first-person shooters. But now I am more likely to play a casual game such as Ice Cream Parlor Tycoon.
3. Knitting and crocheting are a hobbies of mine, mostly of afghans and baby blankets because they are even and flat. I made a poncho for my daughter once. It fit her like a straight jacket but she loved me for it anyway. The legwarmers I made for her fall down around the ankles. She pins them in place.
4. At least twice a week, I must go to Dunkin’ Donuts, a ubiquitous coffee and pastry franchise, and order a blueberry ice coffee with cream and seven packets of Equal artificial sweetner. Not six, not eight. Seven. And I can taste the difference.
5. I really love movies. There’s a story there that maybe I’ll blog about one day. I like almost every genre, except the Western, although there is one Western that is one of my favorite movies. It’s called Johnnie Guitar. The good guy in white and the bad guy in black are women, and the strangeness continues. Plus, there’s a shootout at the end. Awesome.
6. I used nicotine gum to quit smoking about six years ago, and now I am almost always chewing sugarless gum.
7. I love when we set the clock back an hour in the fall and hate it when we have to set it ahead for daylight savings time, as we in the US must do tonight. Don’t forget!
Choosing seven bloggers to give this award to was not easy as I read so many wonderful blogs everyday. Ultimately, I went for those among my newest discoveries. No pressure for anyone to say seven things about yourself or share the award with seven other people. Just know that I appreciate what you uniquely bring to the table and I look forward to reading more from you in the future!
I encourage everybody to visit these blogs, you won’t be sorry.
1. Jim Brandano: Jim Brandano: Florida Wedding Photographer – He photographs much more than weddings and each blog post is a great read.
2. Debra El-Ramey: Pure and Simple – An enlightened poet and teacher whose topics run the gamut and whose depth always astonishes me.
3. Kriti Mukherjee: howaboutthis – A wonderful writer whose blog contains her own facts and fiction, as well as diary entries from her brilliant and talented father.
4. Jessica Brant: Finding One’s Way – Sometimes heartbreaking and other times hilarious, this risk-taking blogger is grounded in real-world scenarios.
5. Tameka Mullins: Lyric Fire – A great poet who also offers inspiration for those of us in the writing life and for anyone living life.
6. John Magnet Bell: Start Your Novel – His writing prompts are miniature short stories in and of themselves. His articles on writing are insightful and on point.
7. Jill: Strawberry Freckles – She’s writing a novel, has taken on a 30-day photo challenge, and blogs about being a mom. The title of her latest post is “Can You Really Orgasm From Giving Birth.” What’s not to love?
© Sweepy Jean and Sweepy Jean Explores the (Webby) World, 2011